A Tip a Day...
- Catch the clutter immediately. When you first walk into your home, put your essential items like keys, cell phones, etc. in a small basket by the door. This keeps everything in one place and saves you time when you are heading out in a hurry.
- Keep your kid’s sentimental items safe and sound. Save your kids art work that they bring home from school in a stacked plastic drawer system. Label each drawer with each child’s name for easy reference.
- Use your furniture wisely. Ottomans are great hideaway places for children’s toys, books, blankets or even DVD’s.
- De-clutter your brain today. Stop trying to remember everything in your head and start writing it down instead.
- Determine “catch” areas in your home for dropping off items that need to be put away. An example would be putting clothes that belong upstairs at the foot of the steps to remind yourself to take them up as you go.
- Stop decorating your closet with your clothes. When you remove your clothes, hang them up immediately to avoid accumulating piles of clothes everywhere.
- Save some money by placing loose change in a container in your closet. Once it’s full, reward yourself by buying something you truly wanted or needed.